Tuesday, December 11, 2012

3.a.2


Google Reader is another type of technology that will be very useful in my career field. In week 9, I subscribed to five subscriptions through Google Reader, all ones that are related to elementary education. The RSS feeds I subscribed to are called “The Elementary Art Room, Teach it with Class, smART Class, Kids & Glitter, and Mom How To’s” (Belsha9). All these feeds talked about creative lesson plans, crafts, and many other great ideas that I could use in a future classroom. One feed that I found very beneficial, called smART Class, had multiple pictures to go with every idea stated, as well as a detailed description on how to complete the activity or art project. An art project I saw on the feed that sparked my interest (I actually remembered doing in my own 2nd grade class) was called “finish the picture drawings”. In this art project, the student starts off with a magazine picture clipping and then they draw/ color the missing piece of the picture. This is one example of how the RSS feeds can benefit my future career. They provide many useful tips and ideas for teachers to share with one another. Also, the RSS feeds have a wide range of topics, so it is nearly guaranteed that you can find any topic in the feeds that you want to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment